Writing Coaching Program: New Sprouts
For years, you’ve had that feeling that it’s time to write…
There’s a calling buried deep in your bones. You know there are stories to get down. You can almost taste how good it will feel to write them. So why is it so hard to get started?
We’ve been there, and we know the complex mash-up of fears and resistances that stand in the way of getting projects going, especially if we haven’t written in a long time. We also know how good it feels to push them aside and just… begin.
This program is designed to move you from “I have no idea what I’m doing” to “Yes, I’ve got this.” Your coach will listen carefully to everything that’s in the way of your flow so that you can address it head-on together. She’ll help you break the next steps down into totally-doable chunks, and she’ll celebrate every one of these accomplishments. You’ll also experiment with different ways to set up a writing practice, creating a toolbox of go-to activities to help you get unstuck down the road, including video and audio material from Firefly. You’ll also get monthly studio time if you’re in Toronto to come and work away from home with zero distractions.
This package may be perfect for you if:
* You have a deep hunger to create something new.
* You have a specific project in mind, or maybe just know that something will come if you finally get the words flowing.
* You have time to commit to writing. (Yes, there will be homework! We’ll make it work with your schedule, but there needs to be some room for it.)
* You’re ready to get personal and explore the mushy parts — where the fear lies, what the hope feels like and how big and amazing this could be.
* You know, as we do, that positive feedback is a vital thing in these early stages.
This package won’t be ideal if:
* You’re looking for your coach to wave a magic wand to make it all effortless, not a committed and sensitive ally to stay with you through the hard parts.
* You’re well into your project. Check out our program The Messy Middle for that.
* You’re finished and looking for a professional editor for a final look. Check out our Firely Editing Services for that.
* Your only goal is to get this published. We believe that while publishing can be a rewarding phase of the creative process, our work is to help you create your most powerful work in the moment, regardless of what comes later.
The nuts and bolts of it — you will receive:
* Bi-weekly 60-minute meetings with your coach, on the phone, Skype or face-to-face in Toronto.
* Bi-weekly deadlines for up to 1,500 words of work to discuss, delve into and learn from.
* An audio vault of warmups to get you unstuck anytime.
* 2-3 personalized prompts at the end of each meeting to get you started writing in the week ahead.
* One evening a month of quiet studio time with other coaching clients, or if you’re not in TO, a little kit to create sacred studio time anywhere. (Dates for 2018: Jan 28, Feb 25, March 25, April 29, May 27, June 24, July 29, Aug 26, Sep 30, Oct 28, Nov 25, Dec 16)
* Unlimited access to all our Messy Beautiful Pages videos, ever.
* Writerly gifts in the (real) mail to support your progress.
There’s a $250 fee to get started, then you’ll be charged $195 every two weeks. There’s a minimum commitment of three months, then you can change plans or stop anytime. Click here to see our full financial policies.
Want to know more about what coaching is like?
If you haven’t seen it yet, watch our 3-minute video on what coaching can provide. If you still have questions, our coaching FAQ is here or you can always drop the wonderful Bree a line, she is a fountain of answers.
You’ll work with one of Firefly’s six powerful writing coaches — click here to get to know them. After you fill out your intake questionnaire, we’ll determine which one will be the best match for you. If you already have a hunch who you want to work with, you can request them on the form.