Creative Writing Coaching Package: I Thought This Would Be Done By Now
It seemed so easy at the start, but now it’s less and less clear…
You’ve written tons, but your engine is starting to sputter. Sometimes you’re not sure if you’ll ever make it over this hill to see what’s on the other side. You know there are other things you want to write, but you can’t get to them until you finish this one.
We know the feeling. We’ve been there. We can help.
Together, you and your coach will break your project into manageable pieces and set up deadlines to get you back into the flow of creating. We’ll look at the discipline of “getting down to writing” in different ways and figure out what approach works best for YOU. We’ll dig into your deep-down beliefs about yourself as a writer, lifting out your resistances and examining them with compassionate and constructive eyes.
We’ll also dive deeply into the writing itself — its themes, its secrets and its flow. Your coach will read 2,500 words of new work before each session and at the end they’ll provide written feedback on 8,000 more.
Together, we’ll fill up your tank and get you back on the road, cruising towards the finish line.
* Are frustrated by the intense labour of the messy, mysterious middle of a writing project.
* Have a head start on a project already. (Check out It’s Time to Start the Big One or My Life is Full of Stories if you haven’t begun.)
* Are really, really ready to see this thing through.
* Crave a true creative ally who can bring a fresh, new perspective on their work.
* Want know how it will finally feel to say “I did it!”
This package won’t be ideal if:
* You haven’t started your project yet. Check out It’s Time to Start The Big One or My Life is Full of Stories to get yourself out of the gates.
* You’re finished and looking for a professional editor for a final look. Check out Manuscript Services for that.
* Your only goal is to get this published. We believe that while publishing can be a rewarding phase of the creative process, our work is to help you create your most powerful work in the moment, regardless of what comes later.
* You’d rather walk away than work on this more.
The nuts and bolts of it — you will receive:
* Six 75-minute meetings with your writing coach (one session every two weeks for three months) via phone, Skype, or in person in Toronto.
* By-weekly deadlines of 2,500 words of work for your coach to read and discuss with you.
* Written feedback on 8,000 words of your work at the end of the three months.
* A vault of recorded audio warm-ups to help you get unstuck anytime.
* Writerly gifts in the (real) mail to support your progress.
There’s a $250 fee to get started, then you’ll be charged $415 at the end of each month for 3 months. Click here to see our full financial policies.
Want to know more about what coaching is like?
If you haven’t seen it yet, watch our 3-minute video on what coaching can provide. If you still have questions, our coaching FAQ is here or you can always drop the wonderful Bree a line, she is a fountain of answers.
You’ll work with one of Firefly’s six powerful writing coaches — click here to get to know them. After you fill out your intake questionnaire, we’ll determine which one will be the best match for you. If you already have a hunch who you want to work with, you can request them on the form.
Ready to take a deep breath and dive in?
Fill out our intake form and sign up here!Intake Questionnaire
Not finding quite what you’re looking for?
Check out our other coaching packages, or if you’re looking for something a little less intensive, see what online classes we have coming up. If you are longing for a guide, drop Bree a line and let her know what you’re looking for.