Creative Writing Coaching Package: It’s Time to Start the Big One.
We’ve all been there — something big wants to be written, but we can’t find the right way to start it…
It’s exciting, but it’s also terrifying. It’s a bit like standing beside a beautiful, mythic horse. You want to climb on and take the ride even though you’re not sure what it will demand of you, but you’re frozen in place.
We believe that the start of a project is a sacred time, full of tenderness and danger. It’s tempting to walk away. Most projects get stopped before they get started. You might be overwhelmed by the emotional intensity of it. You might be afraid to start something you could fail at. You might have a dozen more project ideas that you don’t want to sacrifice. You may simply have no idea where to begin.
And yet, you’re ready.
In this package, you’ll work with a coach to get through the challenging first steps of a project that feels tremendous. We’ll listen carefully to what’s in the way, and we’ll gently address your vulnerabilities and resistances. We’ll break the project down into totally-doable chunks, and we’ll celebrate every one of these accomplishments. We’ll play around with different ways to set up a writing practice, and we’ll create a toolbox of go-to activities to help you get unstuck down the road. We’ll find paths away from fear, back to your power.
By the end, you’ll be on the horse, with the wind in your hair.
* Have an idea for a project, but feel confused or overwhelmed about getting it started.
* Have a huge desire to dive into their dreams.
* Are ready to get productive, messy and brave.
* Crave the feeling of a true creative ally, who will listen compassionately and help build focus and creative momentum.
This package won’t be ideal if:
* You’re looking for detailed, written feedback on your work. You’ll submit a lot of work to your coach for conversations, but not written feedback. Look to I Thought This Would Be Done By Now, My Life is Full of Stories, or Manuscript Services for that.
* You would rather walk away than work on this any more.
* You’re already partway through your work. Again, check out I Thought This Would be Done By Now or Manuscript Services for that.
* Your only goal is to get this published. We believe that while publishing can be a rewarding phase of the creative process, our work is to help you create your most powerful work in the moment, regardless of what comes later.
The nuts and bolts of it — you will receive:
* Six one-hour meetings with your writing coach (every two weeks for three months) via phone, Skype or in person in Toronto.
* Up to 3,000 words of work submitted to your coach for discussion in each meeting.
* Recorded audio warm-ups to help you get unstuck anytime.
* Writerly gifts in the (real) mail to support your progress.
* A spot in the Coming Home to Writing online class, in order to connect to a community of writers. You can sign up for free any time in the 12 months after the package starts.
There’s a $250 fee to get started, then you’ll be charged $275 at the end of each month for 3 months.
Click here to see our full financial policies.
Want to know more about what coaching is like?
If you haven’t seen it yet, watch our 3-minute video on what coaching can provide. If you still have questions, our coaching FAQ is here or you can always drop the wonderful Bree a line, she is a fountain of answers.
You’ll work with one of Firefly’s six powerful writing coaches — click here to get to know them. After you fill out your intake questionnaire, we’ll determine which one will be the best match for you. If you already have a hunch who you want to work with, you can request them on the form.
Ready to take a deep breath and dive in?
Fill out our intake form and sign up here!Intake Questionnaire
Not finding quite what you’re looking for?
Check out our other coaching packages, or if you’re looking for something a little less intensive, see what online classes we have coming up. If you are longing for a guide, drop Bree a line and let her know what you’re looking for.